Thursday, December 07, 2006

Catch yous up with my life!

Some photos from our Roadie after end of exams. We stormed through the South Island over a week. Basically it was flippin' awesome: hurtling down the winding track on the luge with the boys in hot pursuit and taking the opportunity to ram us whenever possible to bungeejumping and dining like the rich in Queenstown, exploring the sluicings in bannockburn, rockclimbing in christchurch with Mike and Rach, countless games of 500, nightly bedtime readings (not only to Esther and Debbie in greymouth!), touch rugby, stopping the car on the side of the road to eat chip sandwiches for dinner in the pouring rain(now THAT was a first, and yeah not bad!), and spending hours at Hanmer Springs with the boys suffering with sunburn and moisturising practically 3 times a day.....and so many laughs. And some sleeptalking competitions. Too bad, we didn't get to see Joe break out in a single-star musical!! Thank you so much Chris (aka 'poser'), Joe and Brooke for a great week!!




Hi guys. Okay okay it's been a while. To be honest, I have kinda been avoiding blogging since I got home, pretty much cos after the road trip, after shopping with Brooke, playing tennis, and being on an adrenalin rush all week, I kinda just hit rockbottom. What is annoying is that it probably could have been prevented had I studied conscientiously when I got back from Germany. I sometimes wonder, what happened to the fastidious student who cared so much about getting good grades. It was like I couldn't even THINK about study cos I had too much catching up to do, touch rugby to play, photos to show, emailing my friends overseas and anything else besides study to fit into my days, okay whoops pranks is probably up there too. Haha. And after all that, I will have to repeat Econ 302, my most dreaded subject in the world.

And then I had to cope with my failure. Failure to pass my exam, failure to myself, to my parents and to my brother and sister, and to God. And all my plans of graduating in August just got trampled on. To triple my feelings of hopelessness and regret was the 2-week-struggle and the pressure I placed on myself to find a job. At least if I was working, I would not have had to think about how I had become entangled in some sort of unescapable net.

Fortunately, I have escaped. Through prayer and encouragement from friends (thank you!), more fellowship, heart to hearts with my sister and brother, supportive parents, and God speaking to me and teaching me through so many different outlets. And thoughout this bitter dark period I leaned on my God more than ever, and searched for some kind of resolution.

I realised that even though I stuffed up, God will give me second chances and third and fourth chances. As long as I put Him first in my life, His plan will NEVER fail. There is always a lesson to be learned, and the difficult times we go through will build us up in character, faith, strength and hope. That's why I love Psalm 18:35 You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.

God has been there the whole time. I have spent two days at my new summer job at Bluebridge, the cook strait ferry at the wellington terminal. And it is fantastic. On top of spending a whole morning on walkie talkies and directing cars, I have been learning new skills in a fun environment. Today I took my first call for a bluebridge ferry booking. The girl couldn't speak very good english so I had to repeat everything about 3 times but at least it was successful. I also accompanied my friend (the boss's daughter) as she drove the luggage truck off the ferry for the first time....................and crashed in front of horrified passengers!! Ripped off the green protector on the side of the truck and produced a pretty sizeable dent! But WE were okay!

8 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Hey hun, awesome photo's looks like your guys really enjoyed youself. Shot wit your job, carnt wait to see you in welly and join you guys on the roadie to hamilton.
God Bless you Heaps!!
Luv Me

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Carina said...

You are NOT a failure Jacqui! I look at the cool things you have done and I think how balanced you are...at least you aren't a nervous wreck that doesn't know how to enjoy life! and you will get your degree...and no one is really going to care how many papers you failed. :) Have a great summer!

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an amazing trip, you should post more pictures!
And I am with Carmi, you are awesome!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

I just wrote a big message and then I did something silly and it disappeared. Woops! I had such an awesome time with you on the trip too! Just think of it this way, you get to spend more time with such awesome people in Dunedin! You're so lucky! And you get to play more touch :D (Just nick Chris's notes for 302 haha). You have such a cool family, and I love that you can talk to them so easily. Glad to hear your job is going great, it sounds perfect for you! I'll see you soon in Kaitaia! Bring on sunshine.
Luv ya

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear Jacqui you are a wonderful, bright living testimony of God's love. i can always see it shining through you and you are a huge encouragement to me, seriously.
even now reading your post-- it brings so much hope.
and i miss you so much!!!!! i love the photos and am glad you had a good trip. so looking forward to seeing you again!!
love, mel

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Nam said...

The photos are great, Jacqui!! Now I wish I haven't left NZ :( Carmi is right, you are awesome, no one is really going to care how many papers you failed. I failed a few and I'm still getting job interviews!! (which I hope would lead me to the perfect job sometime soon).. Keep on blogging girl!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Chris = ultra poser!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firstly I'm not a poser, its just me. And secondly my notes for 302 are rubbish so don't rely on them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home