Thursday, September 21, 2006

Trusting God. Do I really?

I can't sleep. It's 4.26am. I thought that after exerting a lot of energy at Ceroc tonight I would hit the pillow and be out like a light. Didn't happen. I lay in bed and thoughts were just running round in my head: praying for an email from my best friend (on exchange) who is currently in Bangladesh working for YMCA, to know how she is doing, struggling with study and motivating myself, plans for summer, life after dunnaz, decisions, relationships, and trusting God, I mean really trusting God with everything.

I have been challenged recently about lifting stuff up to God to sort out. I get scared. And I become selective with what I ask God for help with from my heart. Maybe because I think if I surrender it all to God, I cannot control the outcome, or rather manipulate the situation to my favour. Or I fear that God wants me to do something I don't. Make sacrifices. But then that's the whole point isn't it? For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. The greatest sacrifice of all.

Trust is a precious gift. How is it that I can trust people sometimes more than God, the one who is strong, unyielding, constant, faithful.

Trusting God is about loving Him more than my own selfish desires.
Trusting God is to wait patiently on Him while he moulds me and prepares me for greater plans. Trusting God is to trust in Him at all times instead of trusting in myself.
Trusting God is to Be still and know that He is God.
I long to make my heart steadfast. He will make my paths straight.

Isiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post jacqui! I think we can all relate to that one. Looking forward to more posts from you!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dearest Jacqui, i so relate to what you are saying. i will be praying along with you... right now i pray for you an undivided heart and unyielding trust-- and that God will honour that (He will!)

ps it amazes me how coherent you are @ 4:37am ;-)

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you!!Trusting in god is a big thing but he will and is faithful to you. Often all god wants us to do is to be totally frank with him, to tell him everything - if need be, stand on a the beach and screem it lound.
He wants to have a personal relationship with us and the only way that he can is if we're honnest, like in every relationship. (A relationship can't be based on false testimony) God doesn't want to trip you up, he loves you and he wants to help. So the first step is to hand it "ALL" over to him even the hard dark stuff that you think no one knows, but he does. He will help in the times of need just look back at all that he has done for you - he's a great god. I know it's hard but we need his strengh for then we will grow like strong oak trees with our roots deep in HIS foundation. Take a leap of faith and trust!!! he is the only one you can. God bless

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mich said...

Hi Jacq,
This was a really interesting and transparent read! I'll pop in from time to time to keep up to date with ur happs!
Cool photo too!
Bless ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home